Retention Plans and Strategies
- To contact all new subscribers within 24 hours by phone to verify delivery and service satisfaction. To send a postcard to all subscribers who could not be reached by phone.
- To send a ‘welcome’ letter to all new subscribers within a week (or month if weekly paper) of delivery.
- To re-contact all new subscribers two weeks after delivery to check back on service. To send a postcard to subscribers who could not be reached by phone.
- To send a post card to all subscribers who have given a ‘temporary’ stop date without a restart date.
- To send a personal letter 6 to 8 weeks into the subscription term to all new subscribers to again check on service and to restate many benefits of a subscription to our newspaper.
- To send an apology letter for each missed or damaged paper.
- To follow up on and resolve each service complaint, including a call-back to the customer to verify that the problem has been resolved.
- To randomly conduct a spot check of delivery service with 3 customers each week.
- To contact all new subscribers who have not paid within 20 days of the start-up of their service.
- To contact all subscribers within 5 days of their renewal grace period-Call Backs.